close

Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg del.icio.us yahoo YiGG

Embed code

Size
x pixels
Other

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:

Documents

Pilton Primary School Nativity Play (Church Rooms 1950)

  • from: Clea.Curtis
  • uploaded: Feb 15, 2012
  • Hits: 944
/media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=9
Description:

In 1950, Pilton Primary School, more correctly known as Pilton Voluntary Controlled Primary School, was immediately next the Church of St Mary's - where Pilton Art Group and the David Wilson Partnership are today. The Education Act of 1944 had offered church schools increased state funding and control as 'Voluntary Controlled Schools'. It also required all schools to have a short daily act of worship and religious instructions. The school closed in 1968 when it amalgamated with the Bluecoat Boys School and National Girls School to form Pilton Bluecoat School.

REF: 0002

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010