close

Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg del.icio.us yahoo YiGG

Embed code

Size
x pixels
Other

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:

Documents

Programme from the Opening of Bluecoat School in March 1969

/media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=856
Description:

Bluecoat School (now Bluecoat Academy) was officially opened by J L Smeall, the Principal of St Luke’s College, Exeter, and blessed by the then Bishop of Plymouth, Wilfrid Guy Sanderson. The opening took place on 4th March 1969, although the school had been in use since January 1969.
The building was designed by architect, M H D Willis, from Lucas Roberts & Brown of Exeter. The builders were P C Chapple of Fairview, Barnstaple. The then chairman of the Managers was the Rev. James West, Vicar of Pilton.
The official programme for the opening, which can be downloaded here, identified that the new school brought together the Parish Church Junior Girls’ School (founded in 1659), the Bluecoat School (founded in 1710), and Pilton School (founded in 1815).
Many thanks to John Norman for this document. We would love to know the name of the first Headteacher in 1969 which is mysteriously missing from the programme.

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010