close

Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg del.icio.us yahoo YiGG

Embed code

Size
x pixels
Other

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:

Documents

St Margaret's Leper Hospital

/media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=472
Description:

St. Margaret’s Leper Hospital, founded almost 900 years ago, was sited at the lower end of Pilton Street. It was commemorated by incorporating a small garden at the corner house,122 Pilton Street which was built in 1888, with a bell turret to represent the chapel. The original hospital probably consisted of a group of cottages of cob and thatch. The actual date of the founding of St Margaret’s Hospital is not known but was probably late 12th century.

This document by historian Margaret Reed records the known history of the Hospital and describes the offices of Prior, Brother and Sister that still remain. It was first uploaded in July 2013 and, after over 17,500 hits, it was updated in September 2014 when a reference to the Hospital dated 1606 came to light.

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010