close

Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg del.icio.us yahoo YiGG

Embed code

Size
x pixels
Other

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:

Pictures

Cattle Droving Through Pilton Street until after World War II

Cattle Droving Through Pilton Street until after World War II /media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=491
Description:

This short document tells the story of the driving of cattle from Ilfracombe and Braunton through Bradiford and down Pilton Street around the Strand and across the Long Bridge to Barnstaple Junction Station. This practice was continued by Percy May who bought Tutshill in 1911 until after 1945 when lorries started to be used to take cattle to clients around the country. He had a very good cattle drover called Jack Harvey who lived at Scotsmoor.

This was part of an exhibition of 'Pilton Then & Now' in Pilton Church for Green Man Festival 2009.

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010