close

Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg del.icio.us yahoo YiGG

Embed code

Size
x pixels
Other

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:

Pictures

Feoffee Cottages, Pilton

Feoffee Cottages, Pilton /media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=24
Description:

This row of seven, two-storey almshouses in brown slatestone, which are probably 17th century in origin and in a Tudor style, was enlarged and rebuilt by the Reverend Thomas Boweller in 1849 as a wall plaque commemorates. They are located at the top of Pilton Street and along the southern boundary of St Mary's Churchyard with access to the church through a tall cartway in the centre. They stand in a crucial position in Pilton and are an important foil to the Church of St Mary. Together with the other almshouses in Pilton, they are managed by the feoffees through Pilton United Charities.

Edited from Reed MA: Pilton, Its Past and Present: Barnstaple: 1985: 151.

REF: 0019

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010