close

Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg del.icio.us yahoo YiGG

Embed code

Size
x pixels
Other

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:

Pictures

Pilton Bridge Garage, Pilton, in the 1960s

Pilton Bridge Garage, Pilton, in the 1960s /media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=360
Description:

This photograph of Pilton Bridge Garage in the 1960s was posted on the Facebook Barnstaple History Page by Terry Loder in September 2013. The garage was built in the 1930s by Charlie Hinxman and he is recorded in Kelly's Directory as the owner in 1941. In the 1960s the garage was owned by Terry Loder's uncle, Jack Bater, and petrol cost from 3 shillings and 6 pence to 5 shillings and 6 pence/gallon (the equivalent of around 4 - 6p/litre). This splendid Art Deco building was subsequently replaced by the modern brick building which is there today.

The Facebook discussion about the people who used the garage or worked there in that period can be found by following this link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1410008622560517&set=gm.52585948...

Thanks to Terry Loder for posting this picture.

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010