This view of Pilton House from the east date unknown. It looks as if it is in the first two decades of the 20th century. Inside the fence is the lawn which was a tennis court, where the Pilton Festival Pageants are now performed and shows the area in front of the iron fence which is now Rotary Gardens. We believe the tree in the parkland is the large oak tree which is still there in 2013. A rough estimate of the age of the tree puts it at well over 200 years old so it could have been planted when Pilton House was finished in 1746. The photograph could therefore date from the late 19th century when it was already over 100 years old.
Thanks to Cherry Pearce for this photograph.