The 1939-1945 Shirwell Home Guard on Pilton Bridge
- from: Martin.Haddrill
- uploaded: Jan 27, 2014
- Hits: 557
This photograph, which was posted on Facebook by Terry Priscott, shows soldiers of Shirwell Home Guard during World War II sitting on the parapet of the new Pilton Bridge. The bridge was built in 1938 for the new North Road. To the left is Charlie Hinxman's Garage which was built during the 1930s.
The photograph comes from Braunton Museum to whom thanks are due. It can be found on http://www.explorenorthdevon.org.
For more on the Hinxman's Garage follow this link: