close

Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg del.icio.us yahoo YiGG

Embed code

Size
x pixels
Other

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:

Pictures

The North Devon Technical College on the North Road about 1948

The North Devon Technical College on the North Road about 1948 /media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=559
Description:

This photograph shows the original North Devon Technical College - 'The Tech' - which was located close to Pilton Bridge at the bottom of the A39 North Road towards Lynton. It was based in huts which could have been left over from World War 2 when they housed the American Red Cross. This college was here until 1962 when it moved to Sticklepath and was replaced by the new Barnstaple Fire Station which opened in July 1965. Before that the Fire Station was located at the Pilton end of Boutport Street, partly in what is now Padfield's Funeral Parlour. On the left of the photograph is Bridge House, and in the background you can just see Pilton House and the houses of Higher Raleigh Road.

Many thanks to John Norman for giving us this photograph from his collection.

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010