close

Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg del.icio.us yahoo YiGG

Embed code

Size
x pixels
Other

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:

Pictures

View of Bradiford and Pilton from south side of River Taw in mid-19th Century

View of Bradiford and Pilton from south side of River Taw in mid-19th Century /media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=317
Description:

This photograph was taken from the south bank of the River Taw some time before 1874 when the Barnstaple to Ilfracombe Railway was built along the north shore. A number of the clearly recognisable features have been identified including Broadgate House and North Walk. Others like Cross Park House and Orchard House are suggested. Stanbury & Sons Victoria Flour Mills on Rolle Quay were demolished some time after 1941.

A view of the Pottington shoreline around the same time can be seen by following this link: http://vimp.thepiltonstory.org/picture/Pottington-Point-c1860-70-before-...

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010