Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg yahoo YiGG

Embed code

x pixels

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:


Pilton School Mug Celebrating 1840 – 1968

Pilton School Mug Celebrating 1840 – 1968 /media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=801

These mugs were given to the pupils of the old Pilton School which was next to St Mary’s Church when it closed in 1968 and moved to Abbey Road in January 1969. The school had been there since its foundation in 1840. The school is now called Pilton Bluecoat Academy. The mugs were made by Barnstaple’s Brannam Pottery to mark the occasion. From the response on Facebook, it is clear that quite a lot of the children who received the mug, or their descendants, still have them.
Many thanks to Jan Cashin for posting the original photograph.

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010