Social bookmarks

Facebook Twitter Mister Wong digg yahoo YiGG

Embed code

x pixels

Permanent link

Recommend content

E-mail address: Message:


Hobarts Lion Works, Bradiford around 1950

Hobarts Lion Works, Bradiford around 1950 /media/flashcomm?action=mediaview&context=normal&id=394

This photograph shows the inside of Hobart's Lion Works at Bradiford in the late 1940s or early 1950s

Identified in the picture so far are: left front Barry Hill behind Frankie Bryant, Jimmy Lakeman, Cliff England, Lou Ashman (in white coat in the middle), two American gentlemen, Frank Garrett (the owner), Ron Williams, Dennis Prescott (in white), Kingsley Alford and Charlie Sweeney, in the middle working the machine behind the boss Frank Garrett.

This works was making food mixers. Hobarts expanded and moved to Braunton Road sometime after 1977. More information on Hobarts and the dates would be gratefully received.

Thanks to Ann Lakeman for posting this on Facebook in January 2014.

Show more Show less

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Community) © 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010